ALL DEXEL BRANCHES CONTINUE TO OPERATE WITH STANDARD OPENING HOURS.
LAST UPDATED 03/08/20
To safeguard the health of our employees and customers, we are monitoring the Governments advice relating to the Coronavirus outbreak carefully.
With many of our customers, both individuals and organisations being food distributors, emergency services or designated key workers; we must endeavour to continue to keep their vehicles roadworthy and safe.
The general public also needs roadworthy and safe vehicles though; especially those who are generally more isolated. For these individuals, their vehicle is a lifeline to enable them to access food supplies and medical care, amongst other things.
Cleaning and hygiene in Depots
To help prevent the spread of this virus, while maintaining normal business operations, we have put new procedures in place within our branches. Amongst others, these include;
- The use of a fresh pair of medical-grade gloves whenever making contact with the interior of a customer's vehicle
- Routine cleaning of hard surfaces and door handles using catering grade alcohol sprays.
- Cleaning the card payment machine with pre-soaked alcohol pads after each use.
Social-distancing in Depots
The Governments guidelines to maintain 2 meters of clear personal space is one that we are taking very seriously, to help prevent the spread of this virus. To help us to achieve this, we;
- Request that customer's wear a face covering while within our branches unless there is a good reason why one cannot be worn.
- Request that customer's do NOT wait for their vehicles in our waiting rooms unless necessary. Each branch, depending on the size of the customer waiting room, has been designated a maximum customer occupancy. Once reached, customers will be asked to either;
- Leave their vehicle with us, or
- wait in their vehicle or outside (weather permitting) until notified space in the customer waiting room is available.
- Request that customers do NOT enter the workshop unless invited by an employee to demonstrates/show and discuss faults identified.
- Request that where possible, customers do NOT pay for work with Cash, but instead use chip and pin, or ideally contactless payment methods.
- Have turned off the customer coffee machines at each of our branches to minimise contact with high-contact point areas touched regularly by employees and customers.
Social-distancing for Mobile Operatives
We operate a fleet of mobile service vehicles for both commercial and passenger vehicles, to both account and retail customers.
To help maintain the 2 meters of clear personal space during mobile operations we are;
- Removing (unless expressly required by a customer) the need for mobile operatives to obtain signatures as a POD on their electronic tablets. Instead, a full name will be taken verbally and recorded from a safe distance.
- Removing (unless expressly required by a customer) the need for mobile operatives to sign in at customer's premises where the gatekeeper can sign the register on our operatives behalf.
Changes to Opening Times and Closures
In balancing our commitment as a critical service provider, against the Government's "stay at home" advice to all individuals; we will reduce hours or close branches as necessary to match demand.
All Branches remain open at present.
Opening Times Changes
All Branches are operating within their regular working hours.
These can be found on the branch specific spages from the Branch Locator.
Key Worker Statement
Dexel is committed to supporting the Government throughout this national crisis.
In line with Government guidance, we consider our employees to fulfil the criteria of Key Workers. Every employee plays a vital role in keeping road and freight transport modes operating, by ensuring vehicles are repaired and maintained to a safe and roadworthy standard.