At the Geneva International Motor Show 2018,…Read More »
The battery is the source of all power in your vehicle and anyone who has ever had to jump start their car will tell you how important a fully functioning battery is.
That’s why looking after your battery is a vital part of vehicle maintenance. Car batteries have an average lifespan of approximately three to four years, so when it is nearing this age, or you notice any signs, as listed below, that your battery may be diminishing, you should have it checked by a specialist.
Signs that your battery needs replacing include:
- Ignition struggling to turn over
- Headlights, indicator and hazards appear dimmer
- Engine makes a rapid clicking noise
At Dexel Tyre and Auto Centre, we offer a complete range of battery services, including a free battery check
Our comprehensive battery check includes a printed report detailing the condition of your battery and charging system.
If we find that your battery needs to be replaced, we stock a wide range of batteries with various warranties and sizes so you will be able to find one to suit your vehicle and budget.
Maintaining your Battery
To help prolong the life of your battery here are some positive steps you can take:
- Keep your battery clean and dry at all times
- Turn off all electricals when the car is not running
- Never allow the battery to discharge completely
- Arrange a battery check as soon as you suspect your battery may be struggling
Contact your local Dexel Tyre and Autocentre branch for your free battery check.